Classic Bread Knife 9"Regular price $159.99 Save $-159.99
After a chef's knife and a paring knife, some cooks say that the knife they most can't live without is their bread knife. It's a crime to ruin a fresh loaf of bread by smashing it beneath the blade of a dull knife. The wide, "low frequency" serrations on the Shun Classic Bread Knife are not only razor-sharp, but they do a much better job slicing any type of bread than a straight-edged knife. The undulating serrations provide the power you need to gently saw through a crusty loaf without tearing the tender interior. And it works equally well on very soft breads and even pastries. Whether your bread is delicately tender or wonderfully crusty, just gently saw back and forth to cut off the perfect slice of bread with nary an unsightly rip or tear.
- Slice tender or crusty breads with no ripping, squashing, or tearing
- Hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade (32° comprehensive)
- Steel: Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core, 34 layers each side (68 total) stainless Damascus cladding
- Handle: D-shaped ebony PakkaWood®
- Blade length: 9 in. (22.9 cm)
- Handcrafted in Japan